The Community Relations Director (CRD) is responsible for introducing the Merrill Gardens Community concept and array of services to potential residents and their families. In doing so, the CRD will connect the customer to the enhanced quality of life and the security they desire. The CRD will be responsible for generating new leads and move-ins from targeted referral sources and for driving the sales process from lead generation through deposit and move-in.
The CRD is responsible for meeting and exceeding all occupancy goals. Works with the General Manager to ensure revenues related to occupancy are meeting the approved budget for the community. Adheres to MG customer service philosophy by providing excellent customer service to residents, their families, and Team Members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide a high level of customer service to residents and Team Members by achieving the standards as outlined in the MG CARES program.
• Achieves and maintains a high occupancy percentage.
• Maintains the sales tracking system for the community and keeps the General Manager (GM) and Director of Sales informed of trends.
• Works closely with GM and Business Office Director (BOD) to ensure accurate reporting of community census via integrated CRM/accounting system (Yardi).
• Manages the entire sales process: building prospect base, immediately responding to prospect inquiries, generating tours, performing purposeful follow-up, and securing deposits for move-ins.
• Assists in transitioning the move-in process to the GM, Assisted Living Supervisor, Assisted Living Director, and other department heads upon receipt of deposit and agreed upon move-in date.
• Develops and implements innovative sales/marketing plans.
• Develops community outreach plans, including relationship development with professional referral sources, with the intent of generating viable leads for the community and creating a positive reputation in the community at large.
• Works with Director of Marketing to provide feedback regarding media advertising, community sponsorships, and other marketing opportunities.
• Coordinates with the Activities Director and Executive Chef to plan special events that benefit existing residents and attract potential residents to the community.
• Conducts competitive shops regularly (minimum of 2 written reports are submitted to Seattle office per year). The CRD should be readily aware of all direct competitors, their offerings, occupancy status, how they sell against us, current incentives being offered, and changes in offerings or management at all times and be able to communicate this information to the GM, Vice President of Operations, Director of Sales, Director of Marketing, and other partners on an ongoing and consistent basis.
• Makes promotional recommendations for community based on competitive shops.
• Positions Merrill Gardens in accordance with corporate vision and mission.
• Tracks and maintains marketing budget for community-responsible line items (Events, Outreach, Creative Lead Follow-Up charge codes).
• Acting General Manager if assigned.
• Other duties as assigned
• Four-year degree in Business, Business Administration, Marketing, Public Relations or Communications preferred.
• Three-plus years sales and marketing experience, preferably in a related field.
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
• Able to communicate in written and spoken English.
• Respectful and reliable team player.
• Able to work independently.
• Enjoys working with seniors.
• Working knowledge of basic software.
• At least 25 years of age.
• Criminal record clearance prior to presence in the community.
• TB test results within 7 days of hire and a health screen within 30 days of hire (when transferring test results TB or health screen will not be older than 6 months).
• Blood-borne pathogen training.
The physical demands and work environment described below represent the activities and surroundings of the position:
• Able to push/pull up to 40 lbs., lift up to 35 lbs.
• Physically able to climb stairs.
• The employee is regularly required to talk, see, hear, and use hands to handle or feel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
• Able to smell as necessary to discern resident’s needs and building emergencies.
• Physically able to handle, grasp and reach throughout the workday
MERRILL GARDENS CORE COMPETENCIES
• Customer Focus: Knows and understands internal and external customer needs and responds accordingly; can anticipate customer needs, with a high priority to customer satisfaction and customer service. Shows genuine interest in residents’, family members’, and fellow Team Members’ feelings and thoughts and responds quickly and appropriately. Delivers information clearly in an effective, timely manner. Seeks and accepts frequent feedback to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
• Attention to Detail/Commitment to Quality: Takes responsibility for a thorough and detailed work method. Checks own work carefully and often.
• Teamwork: Works as a productive member of the Community Team; working toward common goals by contributing to team growth, and effective team unity.
• Integrity: Upholds social, moral, and Company-defined standards in job-related activities and behaviors.
• Strategic Decision Making & Problem Solving: Draws correct and realistic conclusions and makes timely decisions based on available information. Understands a given situation or problem by combining information that is readily available and identifying patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related; identifies key or underlying issues in complex situations. Uses knowledge of systems, situations, procedures, and culture inside the organization to identify potential problems and opportunities; analyzes and thinks through the impact and implications of decisions regarding other components of the organization.
• Financial Awareness: Actively seeks opportunities to optimize financial costs within predetermined budgetary parameters when making decisions that have a financial implication. Actively looks for ways to reduce costs in the department/organization or allocation of resources.
• Bold Leadership: Achieves results through people/Team Members by successfully setting objectives and conducting consistent and regular performance feedback, motivates, delegates, and commits to team building and empowerment.
EMAIL RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO [email protected]